We welcome back Karl Sona to talk about disruptive mindsets and actions that he thinks can “level up” the way people are interacting with one another. He lays out a few interesting ideas, among which are about friction, convergence, and active learning. He believes that friction is our friend and that convergence can bring a lot of positive difference to the world soon.
Karl also believes that active learning is already a form of action, veering us away from the usual shouting and screaming that we’ve probably gotten accustomed to due to the media we consume.
Karl is the co-founder of Streamlined Podcasts, which helps podcasters in producing their shows, allowing them to focus on what they do best: sharing their voices to the world.
Tune in now and learn from Karl how to disrupt the status quo!
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 04:45] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome back Karl Sona
- What’s the “Dear Black CEO Project?”
[04:46 – 15:03] Convergence and Disruption
- Listen to Karl’s thoughts about homogeneity in the workplace
- What we can learn from the idea of “convergence”
- Look at problems as opportunities
- Karl tells us how
- We exchange ideas about the people’s notion of friction
- Friction is our friend
- How to handle stereotypes according to Karl
[15:04 – 25:06] Active Learning
- Stop the shouting and screaming
- What to do instead?
- Victimhood is a very serious identity
- How to change the “victim mindset”
- Learn more about the “Snowball Effect”
- Active learning is a form of action for Karl
- He tells us why
- Karl shares his interesting thoughts about “white guilt”
[25:07 – 36:34] Protecting Your Dignity
- We talk about how to protect your dignity
- Join the Conspiracy of Goodness Network!
- Link below
- What we need to have before making generalizations
- Listen to our exchange about the dangers of mass media and social media
- Looking at the other person’s “deeper truth”
[36:35 – 46:20] Uncomfortable Positions
- Karl breaks down how he practices stoicism
- What people are not conditioned to do according to Karl
- Why you should put yourself in uncomfortable positions
[46:21- 52:29] Closing Segment
- The power of having a conversation with people
- Connect with Karl. Links below
- Final words and announcements
“Disruption ultimately comes from novelty and from just the difference of thought.” – Karl Sona
“Go slowly and just dare to be courageous. Just dare and lean into it.” – Karl Sona
- We all know how important arts education can be, and Blick Art Materials does too. They support arts events, artists awards, and donate art supplies all throughout the US. For all your art materials needs, check out Blick! Start here.
EWC NEEDS A FAVOR – your feedback! Take this 3-4 minute survey to let us know what you like, what you could do without, and what you want to see more of from us. Thank you for being here and for helping us prove it’s still an amazing world.
Conspiracy of Goodness Links:
Conspiracy of Goodness Network
Conspiracy of Goodness on Instagram
Dr. Lynda’s Book:
Ever Widening Circles: