Julia Parzyck once struggled with an eating disorder in her younger years. As many women do, she struggled to accept her body shape because society sets unreasonable standards that are inapplicable to everyone. Julia learned it the hard way but was able to recover because of the help from other people. She’s now working with women to build healthy relationships with their bodies, food, and movement, emphasizing that their worth is not tied to how they look, but to who they are as people.
Let’s listen to Julia to learn how to love your body more!
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 06:45] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Julia Parzyck
- Eating disorder recovery coach
- Body acceptance influencer
- How she overcame her eating disorder of 10 years
[06:46 – 16:21] Small Wins Should Be Celebrated
- Julia tells us why we should celebrate small wins
- Manage the social media content you’re consuming
- Listen to Julia
- What does she mean by “curating your incoming?”
[16:22 – 26:31] Vulnerability and Confidence
- Vulnerability is the cornerstone of confidence
- Julia talks about the “Love My Shape” movement
- Listen to Julia’s interesting insights about beauty
[26:32 – 39:10] Choosing a Helpful Behavior
- Why join the Conspiracy of Goodness Network?
- Link below
- How to take care of your body better
- How to monitor your thoughts according to Julia
[39:11 – 51:01] Learn to Ask for Support
- How to befriend the “inner critic?”
- The stories we tell ourselves
- Julia’s 4 recommendations that you shouldn’t miss
[51:02 – 53:05] Closing Segment
- Julia tells us why this is still an amazing world
- Connect with Julia. Links below
- Final words and announcements
“We have to be really mindful of the content that we’re consuming.” – Julia Parzyck
“There’s no shame in asking for support.” – Julia Parzyck
- Brené Brown
- TED Talk: The power of vulnerability
- TED Talk: Listening to shame
- Book: Health at Every Size
- Book: The Happiness Trap
- We all know how important arts education can be, and Blick Art Materials does too. They support arts events, artists awards, and donate art supplies all throughout the US. For all your art materials needs, check out Blick! Start here.
Follow Julia on Instagram and check out her website to learn how she helps girls and women understand that they are much more than their bodies and can love themselves, regardless of their weight or size.
EWC NEEDS A FAVOR – your feedback! Take this 3-4 minute survey to let us know what you like, what you could do without, and what you want to see more of from us. Thank you for being here and for helping us prove it’s still an amazing world.
Conspiracy of Goodness Links:
Conspiracy of Goodness Network
CoG on Instagram
Ever Widening Circles
Dr. Lynda’s Book: