I am pleased to share with you my conversations with Mike Pelley, famously known as Merman Mike, and Timothy Paule, and Nicole Lindsey of the Detroit Hives. Merman Mike is a scuba diver who retrieves valuables, searches for treasures, and takes out trash as his passion. Timothy and Nicole founded Detroit Hives to turn vacant lots in Detroit into urban bee farms. Their stories are real-life evidence that the Conspiracy of Goodness we have long been promoting is found everywhere, from underwater to the urban areas.
Let’s tune in and learn how we can replicate their passion!
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 07:08] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Mike Pelley
- How he turned into Merman Mike
- His passion for diving
[07:09 – 19:17] Contagious Enthusiasm
- Mike shares stories about the valuables he’s able to retrieve
- He gives amazing insights about “contagious enthusiasm”
- Mike tells us why it is still an amazing world
- We talk about the Conspiracy of Goodness
- Connect with Mike. Links below.
[19:18 – 27:19] The Place to “Bee”
- Shop with a cause with Boon Supply!
- Link below
- Let’s get to know Timothy Paule and Nicole Lindsey
- Transforming vacant lots into urban bee farms
- Timothy shares the humble beginnings of Detroit Hives
[27:20 – 37:43] From Fear to Love
- How can you join Timothy and Nicole on their mission?
- Tim and Nicole talk about their different partnerships in Detroit
- How to transform fear into love in their mission
[37:44 – 47:17] Block Clubs
- They talk about the power of block clubs to sustain communities
- Tim shares how their business model has been replicated in other cities
- Tim and Nicole discuss their adjustments due to the COVID-19 pandemic
[47:18 – 51:14] Closing Segment
- Join the Hive with Timothy and Nicole. Links below
- They tell us why it is still an amazing world.
- Final words and announcements
“For me, I’m having fun any time my head goes under the water. I’m having an absolute blast. So, on my mind, if I can make somebody else’s day, week, month, or year by being able to return something while I’m down there, it’s a win-win for everybody.” – Mike Pelley
“The block club pretty much is like a way to sustain the community with ideas, with projects, with things you wanna see changed or things you wanna address to better your community.” – Timothy Paule
- News: Diver known as “Merman Mike” finds lost ring he says is worth $17,000, returning it to owner
- Detroit Pistons Foundation
- Gleaners Community Food Bank
- Ford Resource and Engagement Center
- Do you want to live an eco-friendly lifestyle? Buy at Boon Supply here.
Connect with Mike on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram and buy his merch. Join the Hive with Timothy and Nicole and check them out on Facebook and Instagram. You can also give them a buzz at [email protected]
Ever Widening Circles Link:
Dr. Lynda’s Book: