I am excited to share with you my conversation with Drew Dudley, a renowned international leadership speaker, bestselling author, and the creator of the TED talk “Everyday Leadership (The Lollipop Moment).” Drew is known as a dynamic keynote speaker heard already by over 250,000 people across 5 continents. He has been featured on The Huffington Post, Radio America, Forbes.com, and TED.com, where his TED talk was recognized as one of the “7 TED Talks That Will Make You a Better Leader.” Today, Drew and I will talk about an important aspect of leadership that you don’t want to miss.
Let’s tune in and learn why the best leaders don’t know all the answers!
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 05:53] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Drew Dudley
- His path as a leadership speaker
- What’s leadership for Drew?
[05:54 – 19:14] Powerful Little Acts of Leadership
- The good things are actually the little things
- Drew explains
- Drew talks about this interesting act of leadership
- He gives his insights about this dismissive, diminishing act
- Don’t miss Drew’s tips to do good things consciously
- You are more than what you think about yourself
- Drew explains
[19:15 – 34:12] Confidence vs. Courage
- Drew shares his insights about “everyday leadership”
- What does open-mindedness mean for Drew?
- How to not recognize imperfections
- Confidence vs. Courage
- Which sets leaders apart from others?
- What kind of leader should you avoid?
- Drew talks about people’s characters and how they are revealed
[34:13 – 47:57] The “Diminisher” That We Should Avoid
- The basic unit of human understanding
- Drew talks about this word he calls a “diminisher”
- He talks about the writing process of his best-selling book
- How to change our perspectives through everyday leadership
- Support our affiliate partner! Link below.
[47:58 – 57:32] Decisive vs. Certain
- Drew gives his insights about being a positive influence in the world
- We are not present in our most significant moments
- Drew explains
- How to recognize the leader in the person
- Decisive vs. Certain
- Be in charge of who you are
[57:33 – 01:07:49] The Best Leaders
- Drew shares his insights about pain
- He talks about this key quality among the best leaders
- “Why do you matter?”
- Why ask this question?
- Drew tells us why hope is such a powerful force in the world
- He walks us through the nature of his work
[01:07:50 – 01:13:55] Closing Segment
- Connect with Drew. See links below
- Final words and announcements
“The key idea is to pick something to stand for and believe in in this world, but never let go of the idea that one extraordinary 30-minute conversation could change what you believe.” – Drew Dudley
“What’s true about your character isn’t announced, it’s demonstrated.” – Drew Dudley
“You can be decisive but you can never truly be certain.” – Drew Dudley
- Drew’s book: This Is Day One: A Practical Guide to Leadership That Matters
- TED Talk: What I Learned From 100 Days of Rejection by Jia Jiang
- Viktor Frankl
- Do you want to live an eco-friendly lifestyle? Buy at Boon Supply here.
Ever Widening Circles Link:
Dr. Lynda’s Book: