We have a special guest for today who will share with us a unique strategy to find our very own joys in life. Sydney Weiss is a lawyer and the creator, host, and producer of Seek The Joy Podcast, telling heartfelt stories on self-love, joy, connection, wellness, and spirituality. The podcast offers a fresh perspective, “aha!” moments, laughs, and stories, and wisdom that will help us on our ongoing journey toward growth, empowerment, and self-love.
Let’s listen to Sydney and learn the art of interrupting negative self-talk to find the joys we deserve in this world.
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 07:42] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Sydney Weiss
- Sydney talks about her podcast. Link below
- The power of self-reflection and storytelling
[07:43 – 14:59] Moments of Pause
- Happiness is an option
- See our link below to know why
- The silver linings brought by interrupters
- A life-changing 9-month journey
- How to find joy in the world?
[15:00 – 23:04] A Game of Patience
- A life advice you don’t want to miss!
- Sydney’s other advice to get extra motivation in life
- Paying attention to mental chatters
[23:05 – 33:33] A Required Interruption
- Don’t miss Sydney’s tricks to interrupt harmful thoughts!
- Managing the meanings of things happening to us
- Visit Sydney’s Joy Corner
- Link below
- Buy from our affiliate partner
- Link below
[33:34 – 38:51] The Roles to Take
- We talk about the Conspiracy of Goodness
- The role you play in online spaces
- The role you can take in social change
[38:52 – 50:31] The Difference of Joy and Happiness
- Don’t miss these stories from Sydney’s podcast!
- What sets joy apart from happiness?
[50:32 – 56:07] Closing Segment
- Connect with Sydney. See links below
- Sydney tells us why it is still an amazing world
- Final words and announcements
“There’s always an interrupter. There’s always a moment that serves to wake you up I think in a really profound way. Sometimes, it happens on an individual, personal level and then sometimes that interrupter is on a collective level, community level.” – Sydney Weiss
“Joy is personalized. It’s very individual and it stands from really knowing who you are and what you love and what lights you up.” – Sydney Weiss
- Srikumar Rao
- Ep. 105 The Wisdom of this Moment with Intuitive Medium Amy White
- Ep. 108 IMPACT: Creating a Plan for Meaningful Change with Christen Brandt of She’s The First
- Ep. 101 Choosing Curiosity and Proving It’s Still an Amazing World with Liesl Ulrich-Verderber of Ever Widening Circles
- Ep. 96 John Clarence Stewart, Multi-Talented Actor, Poet, and Singer, on Art as Healing, Claiming Your Voice, and His Spiritual Journey
- Ep. 93 Turning Mental Health into an Everyday Conversation with Advocate and Activist Achea Redd
- Ep. 58 Dancing Out of the Darkness with Alignment, Joy, and Zumba with Josette Tkacik
- Ep. 50 Choosing a Life of Adventure, Redefining Athleticism, and Embracing the Body We’re In with Mirna Valerio, aka The Mirnavator
- Pura Vida Bracelets provides full-time jobs to artisans worldwide and donates millions to charity through products that give back. Buy at Pura Vida Bracelets here.
Visit her Joy Corner to connect with thought leaders and changemakers living and loving in their joy.
Guest email: [email protected]
For podcast inquiries: [email protected]
Ever Widening Circles Link:
Dr. Lynda’s Book: