Our guest for today is the Happy Healthy Latina, Chef Yadira Garcia. She is a community foodtivist, certified natural foods chef, vegetable pusher. and sofrito slinger. A proud Dominicana, she calls herself ”The “People’s Chef” and believes that food ties all people together. Yadi joins us today to talk about her passion that she wants to share with the world.
Let’s dive right in and learn from the Happy Healthy Latina how we can make food memories together.
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 07:07] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Chef Yadira Garcia
- A food’s story is a person’s story
- Find out why
[07:08 – 15:24] Connecting with Nature
- Don’t miss this great concept from Yadi!
- Her thoughts on connecting with nature and each other
- She talks about ancestral healing and wisdom
[15:25 – 27:01] Consuming Social Media
- Yadi talks about community gardens
- We discuss consuming social media
- Listen to this “realist’s tip” from Yadi
[27:02 – 35:30] Growing a Seedling
- Yadi shares some fantastic advice
- Yadi tells us what is The Small Child Army
- Buy from our affiliate partner! Link below
[35:31 – 45:36] Making Food Memories
- How can we make food memories together?
- Yadi shares this Little Prince-inspired advice
- Food can bring joy and connect people
- Find out how
[45:37 – 50:42] Closing Segment
- Connect with Yadi. See links below
- Yadi tells us why it is still an amazing world
- Final words and announcements
“I think food is such an indelible part of our life and our culture and our soul really and I love to show how food ties us more together than it could ever separate us.” – Chef Yadira Garcia
“Not every day is gonna be a great day but there’s something great in every day.” – Chef Yadira Garcia
- Pura Vida Bracelets provides full-time jobs to artisans worldwide and donates millions to charity through products that give back. Buy at Pura Vida Bracelets here.
Ever Widening Circles Link:
Dr. Lynda’s Book: