The power of traveling is immeasurable; the power of storytelling invaluable. Together, they open many worlds beyond our imagination, worlds we never know have been existing. How can we find these worlds by simply going to places and telling stories that more likely are not ours? What can we get by doing all these things? Our guest for today can answer these questions. Earl Bridges, co-host of The Good Road, will talk about their pursuit of addressing the most pressing problems in the world with only their passion for traveling and storytelling.
Let’s jump into the episode now.
Disclaimer: This podcast contains affiliate links! That means if you purchase from the companies we promote using the links we provide, we receive a small commission. Thank you for your support! You can see our full affiliate disclosure here.
[00:01 – 07:00] Opening Segment
- We welcome our guest for today, Earl Bridges
- Earl shares his background
- He talks about their travel show, The Good Road
[07:01 – 13:17] Starting the Journey
- Earl talks about the essence of traveling
- He shares his life in Thailand
[13:18 – 24:41] Traveling
- Earl tells us his chemistry with his co-host, Craig Martin
- The dual role of a “philanthropologist”
- Learn more about Pura Vida Bracelets! Link below
[24:42 – 38:22] Storytelling
- Earl talks about “shared struggles”
- The crucial role of empathy in storytelling
- Listen; don’t just look
- Earl shares their formula in storytelling you don’t want to miss!
[38:23 – 46:45] Celebrating Humanity
- Earl talks about blessings and burdens
- We discuss The Conspiracy of Goodness
- How can we help other people?
[46:46 – 54:49] Closing Segment
- Follow The Good Road. Links below
- Earl tells us why it is still an amazing world
- Connect with Earl. See links below
- Final words and announcements
“…you start to realize that you really do find some of the best people in some of the most confusing, dark areas.” – Earl Bridges
“Travel is very much that promise of expanding, widening your network, understanding other cultures….” – Earl Bridges
- Pura Vida Bracelets provides full-time jobs to artisans worldwide and donates millions to charity through products that give back. Buy at Pura Vida Bracelets here.
Email [email protected] or call 843.330.3974 to connect with Earl. Check out his personal website and LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo pages. Visit The Good Road online and on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Ever Widening Circles Link:
Dr. Lynda’s Book: